Orere is a small country school where we share, with our community, a commitment to learning, celebrate achievement, and value cultural diversity in an environment of respect and co-operation. We aim to give children the skills and values of leadership, respect, teamwork and learning in a happy, friendly atmosphere. Orere School is a place of which we are proud.
The Orere School vision of confident learners includes working in partnership with parents, family and whanau to develop learners who are:
· Positive in their own identity
· Motivated and reliable
· Resourceful and resilient
· Enterprising and entrepreneurial
The Orere School vision of connected learners includes working in partnership with parents, family and whanau to develop learners who:
· Are able to relate well to others
· Able to communicate effectively
· Can use ICT purposefully and effectively
· Contribute to their community
· Connect to others’ locally, nationally and internationally.
The Orere School vision of actively involved learners includes working in partnership with parents, family and whanau to develop learners who are:
· Participants and initiators of a range of life experiences
· Contributors to the well-being of our school, our community and our country.
The Orere School vision of lifelong learners includes working in partnership with parents, family and whanau developing learners who are:
· Literate and numerate
· Creative, critical and reflective thinkers
· Well informed decision makers
· Able to seek, judge, create and use knowledge
Leadership – The Orere School Way
Respect – we will have a culture of respect at Orere School to have this culture we need to:
Teamwork – we will develop teamwork by:
School expectations for leadership
1) Leadership is to be developed in every pupil, every day they are an Orere school pupil.
2) Everyone (staff and students) is expected to be a leader.
3) To develop leadership you must give trust, space, responsibility and be supportive of the outcome –
(P.S we learn from mistakes!)